At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for Fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for presenting our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in Sales and Marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
Your primary markets include residential dealers, design build, hospitality and end-consumers. You should know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it is a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Translate technical details into benefits for each channel we support
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan and strategy for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and levers we can pull to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-9 years’ product marketing experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project, Teamwork or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or is not – working.
- Ability to travel for Industry and Company events as requested by your manager
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short-term disability. 401k with company contribution, paid vacation, holidays and more!
We have new on-site state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.