At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics engineering organization is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Project Manager to lead the planning and development of new and innovative hardware products. The senior project manager would lead cross-functional product development teams from design through product delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire project lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance, production, and launch to the world. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks, and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, people management, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery through their team members. The right candidate will also possess a strong project management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you can roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent project management experience – project initiation, execution, monitoring, communication management, change control, schedule and cost compliance, metrics evaluation, progress reporting
- In depth knowledge of product development life cycle
- Manage projects across multiple locations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple rapid development cycles and respond well to change.
- Develop product release plan and manage the releases until deployment
- Work with product team to ensure requirements management
- Ability to create and present strategic plans for achieving the business goals.
- Assist the team in the developing detailed project plans, specifying goals, objectives, strategy, scope, budget, scheduling, risk mitigation strategies, approach, deliverables, timelines, and work breakdown structures for all project assignments.
- Identify internal and external dependencies.
- Resolve impediments and any conflicts.
- Work with team on prioritization, and technical expectations
- Serve as the primary focal point for project information to the Company for your projects.
- Present progress and status to all stakeholders including executive management
- Build strong relationships with all disciplines that are part of the product launch, including manufacturing, supply chain and operations.
- Ensure compliance to cost and schedule performance
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 6+ years of product development experience, with at least 5-7 years of project management.
- Deep knowledge with product and software development methodology
- Strong technical background and prior engineering experience.
- Effective working across the development lifecycle, engineering disciplines and product lines is required.
- Experience in organizing large scale projects and delivering quality releases on the schedule.
- Ability to lead multiple project initiatives simultaneously from concept, design and through to production.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills along with experience with Jira and MS Project
- Integrating with manufacturing for a product launch.
- Strong technical and product/business judgment.
- Strong skills in results orientation balanced with high judgment.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- PMP and/or Scrum Master Certification
- Product design (FW/SW/HW), development, and management experience a plus